print :


What is a Work Health and Safety Entry Permit Holder?

Who is eligible to hold a WHS Entry Permit?

A person must:

  • Be an Official of the Union applying for the permit.
  • Have completed the prescribed training WHS Entry Permit Holders.
  • Hold a Industrial Entry Permit (aka ROE) under the Fair Work Act or State or Territory Industrial Laws (Section 133).

A WHS Entry Permit lasts for three years unless:

  • Revoked earlier.
  • The holder no longer works for the Union that it was issued under.
  • Their Industrial Right of Entry Permit is no longer current (Section 137).

A Permit can be revoked, suspended or have conditions applied to it by the Regulator (Comcare) if the EPH:

  • No longer meets the eligibility criteria.
  • Is found to have contravened any condition of the Permit, or
  • Acted in an improper manner when exercising any right, or
  • When exercising or purporting to exercise a right under Part 7 of the WHS Act, the EPH intentionally hindered or obstructed a PCBU or workers at a workplace.

A request to cancel a permit can be made to the Regulator (Comcare) by a PCBU or other affected people (Section 138).

What's New


Telstra's Pay Offer
Telstra EBA 2018
ACTU turns 90
May Day 2016
Optus EPA approved
Telstra EA Update
Optus award update


Reps training
Reasonable overtime
Vale Jojie Vivar
Changes to Bulletin
Christmas pay rises
Postal reform
Facebook bullying
Year in review
Vale Jim Armstrong


Happy New Year
Happy New Year
Vale Shane Morse
Meeting reminder
Coronavirus Update
Reps training
ACTU turns 90
Vale Jojie Vivar
May Day 2016
Facebook bullying
May Day 2015
Working In Heat
Your Union Petition
Save our Posties
Sensis Sell Off